Publishing in Academic Journals: Tips to help you succeedOctober 22, 2014 (Wed) 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Taylor & Francis, one of the world's leading publishers of scholarly journals in Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science and Technology will offer advice on structuring of manuscript, choosing the right journal to send it to and guidance and development for authors.
- How you can present your manuscript in the best possible light?
- Which is the correct journal for your manuscript?
- What are the common reasons why a manuscript is rejected?
- How you can avoid some of the common pitfalls?
- How to optimize citations to your article?
- Open access publishing
- Guidance and development for authors
Speaker: Ms. Lyndsey Dixon, Journals Publisher, Taylor & Francis
Publishing in Biology and Medicine Open Access Journals
November 6, 2014 (Thu) 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.BioMed Central is a leading open access publisher with a portfolio of over 260 peer-reviewed journals spanning all areas of biology, biomedicine and medicine. This presentation will offer advice on how to prepare a manuscript for submission, how to choose an appropriate journal, what is open access publishing and what BioMed Central has to offer.
- What editors and reviewers look for in a manuscript
- Choosing a biomedicine journal
- Things to consider before submission
- Publication ethics
- Open access publishing
- BioMed Central
Publishing with The Chinese University Press: Academic Journals and Books
November 18, 2014 (Tue) 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.The Chinese University Press (CUP) is a world-renowned publisher devoted to China and Hong Kong studies, located right on CUHK campus. As a bilingual scholarly publisher, CUP publishes books of a diverse array of academic disciplines, with a particular focus on Humanities and Social Sciences. It also publishes a number of academic journals, including The China Review, an SSCI English journal. This talk is arranged to share with faculty members and postgraduate students insiders' tips about how to get journal articles and book manuscripts published.
- Preparation before submitting your research paper
- How to find the most suitable publisher/journal?
- How to make a submission stand out?
- Insiders' view on the peer-review process
- How to respond to a "Revise and Resubmit"?
- What happens after a manuscript has been accepted?
- Understanding the copyright policies of your publications
Dr. Ying Lin, Managing Editor of CUP and Executive Editor of The China Review
Dr. Minlei Ye, Acquisition Editor of CUP and Assistant Editor of The China Review
User Education Room 1, G/F University Library
Complete the Online Registration Form